2.16.2007

Mood: Deflated

These next two weeks are going to be BUSY! Over the course of the next 14 days, I have six interviews with prospective churches for Internship next year, I present on religion and immigration at a social justice conference this upcoming Saturday (the 24th), and I present four workshops on Worship and preach at three church services the weekend of March 3-4 during my church's Faith in Life weekend. Not to mention normal amounts of class, work, and homework.

Tonight, I feel like all the air has been sucked out of me. I am excited to be presenting these weekends, but dreading it. I feel proud of the accomplishments that have led to my opportunities to present, and yet fearful that I don't really have anything to offer to my audiences. Everyone has a lot of faith in me and is certain I will excel. I, on the other hand, am terrified. And I've told a few people this...and they don't seem to take me seriously. Which makes me feel discounted and unimportant.

So I feel deflated right now. And sort of lonely.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I remember those days, although I don't remember being quite so loaded up with work.

    Everyone has a lot of faith in you. Have a bit of faith in yourself as well, and a lot of faith that you're not alone.

    Shalom

    ReplyDelete