4.28.2007

Good Evening, Good Morning

Springtime is all about baseball. And the peripherals only add to my enjoyment. Examples:

Last night, after a long day (an all-morning meeting and then work all-afternoon), I came home to a fantastic dinner cooked by my husband to surprise me, and then we curled up on the couch, ate ice cream, and watched the Cubs/Cardinals game. Baseball, cuddling, ice cream: perfect.

This morning, we made french toast and bummed around, but now, I'm about to grab some knitting, sit by the window (it's so sunny outside!), and watch the rest of today's Cubs/Cardinals game. Baseball, sun, knitting: perfect.

One of these days I'm going to actually be sitting at a real baseball game. But for the time being, I enjoy the fact that I can combine things that I love (my husband, food, knitting, ice cream, cuddly cat, etc) with watching baseball (Cubs, of course, but any game will do). Springtime makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. Yay baseball! One of life's simple pleasures.

    Why we bother to make it more complicated than it is (by playing fantasy) is beyond me...

    ReplyDelete