I've been tagged by Susan.
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
My Eight Random Things:
1. If I came into a lot of money to devote to some sort of project, I'd love to open a yarn shop. And it would also be a coffee shop. Knitting and caffiene? Sounds good to me. I love the idea of picking out varieties of yarn to keep in stock and creating a cozy space where people could just hang out in knitting fellowship. :)
2. I'm trying to decide if I feel like staying up while later tonight to make a rhubarb crisp for tomorrow night's July 4th potluck or if I'd rather get up and do it in the morning.
3. I'd live in capri pants and flip flops if I could.
4. I have an unnatural infatuation with IKEA. Going there to shop is like going to an amusement park for me.
5. Someday I will go on vacation to Athens and the Greek Isles. I promise.
6. I've lived in four different apartments in the past four years, and all of them have had quirky showers. In Baltimore, the water pressure was CRAZY high, and even though it was supposed to come out of the showerhead in three streams, it would only come out of two at a time, and then continue to switch which two mid-shower. In Princeton, our water would randomly get burning hot for long stretches of time. In Chicago, the only way to get a hot shower is to turn the hot water all the way on, wait for it to heat up, and then to turn the cold-water knob only millimeters. Here in Rockford, hot water doesn't last very long at all, and when you begin your shower, the drain is exceedingly slow, but after about 10 minutes, the drain randomly figures itself out and starts working (mostly) normally.
7. My car has 96,000+ miles on it, and so I've developed paranoia about every new or different noise that it makes, no matter how small.
8. I'm watching a commercial for Subway's new pizzas, and I'm mad that Subway is bothering to venture out like this. They make good sandwiches, and they probably don't make good pizza, so they should stick to their specialty!
Hrm...people to tag...well, since this post will be imported into Facebook, I definitely tag both of my younger sisters (Steph and Beth, you'd better do it!), and then....six more people? Hrm. Jenny, Wick, Traci, Sheila, the Egan family, and Lucas. Wow. That's a random list. I guess that I read a fair share of blogs by people I don't know, or don't know well, or who wouldn't be thrilled to know that I'd tagged them for something like this. Thus my random eight people (appropriate really, since the meme itself is eight random things).