12.22.2007

Last-Minute Additions to your Holiday Menu?

Just in case you felt that you were one or two side dishes short for the big Christmas meal, I thought I'd offer up three "suggestions." They all involve.....

BACON!

This first one is a reasonable suggestion: tasty bacon/cream cheese/crescent roll appetizers that I've actually made before...and they are quite good...yummmm..... They definitely don't fall into the "good for you" category, but they taste good!

Next, (and stranger) I offer up what my husband would probably call the best confection you've never heard of: bacon candy. Check out these sugary strips of bacon goodness, affectionately named by this blogger "sticky pig candy stripes." Do I really need to eat sugar coated bacon? Probably not.

And if that doesn't do it for you, how about something on the, well, heart-stopping side? Here I give you
chicken fried bacon served with a side of gravy. Mmm mmm mmm, I can feel my arteries clogging even as I type this.



"If a person can't sit down to a nice big plate of crispy, flaky chicken-fried bacon, well, what's this world coming to?"

Words to live by.

1 comment:

  1. I do not recommend these cookies that have chocolate chips and bacon in them. Carrie, my brother's girlfriend, made them for our Christmas celebration and they were nasty.

    ReplyDelete