2.25.2008

I'm Likely to Post at Least 3 Times Today

And to kick things off, a book meme that I've looked at but not yet done. And for what it's worth, I'm ignoring rule #5. Yeah, I'm just that rebellious...

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five other people.


Here's what I've come up with from Marva Dawn's book, A Royal "Waste" of Time: The Splendor of Worshiping God and Being Church for the World:
No passage in the Scriptures says, "Worship the Lord to attract the unbeliever." Rather, in countless texts we are commanded, invited, urged, wooed to worship the Trinity because God is worthy of our praise. As stated at the beginning of this chapter, worship can actually be done only by those who recognize that worthiness. Furthermore, the worship service is part of the entire education process of the Christian community by which God's people are equipped to introduce others to his worthiness.
Indeed, something appropriate for me to think about on a snowy February afternoon while I'm working on a sermon for Wednesday mid-week Lenten worship and while I'm waiting to hear back from PhD programs in liturgy and theology.

No comments:

Post a Comment