11.07.2009

Shhhhh....

I'm sleeping.

Well, not quite yet. But sleep is the focus of my night tonight. And not just sleep, but sleeping in a tent. Sleeping in a tent on the front lawn of the church. Sleeping in a tent on the front lawn of church in the midst of other families from the congregation who will be sleeping in tents and boxes.

I'm excited to sleep out...but grateful that I can sleep in my own bed tomorrow night. Here's hoping that our participation in Sleep Out Saturday helps raise money and awareness for homelessness, and that our little efforts here can have a big impact in our community. Here's hoping that through our efforts and through the work of Bridge Communities, we can move more families out of their cars/boxes/tents/tarps and into homes and beds of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment