10.27.2011

Can't you hear the crickets?

It's been a litte...ahem...quiet around here.

Didn't end up finishing my 10k training, and as it turns out, it was probably for the best that I didn't try to run a 10k at the very beginning of Holy Week. But I don't have a great excuse for why I haven't done much, if any, running since then.

June was wrapped up with planning to be away from work for three weeks, and both planning and going on a trip to Tanzania. July was hot. And I went to the Boundary Waters with the HS group. And was generally busy. In August, well, we started fertility treatments AND got pregnant, so I pretty much wrote of running during that process. In September, we found out it was an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy, which meant surgery (and the loss of the pregnancy)...and after that, I've only been cleared to start running again since this past Tuesday.

My only real running-related story in many months comes from today, actually.

It was going to be a long day today, with a chunk of free time between my afternoon and evening activities, so I brought running clothes with me to work. I was really excited to go running. Except that I packed my running clothes in the same bag as a blueberry pie that I baked for my evening festivities...and even though it was wrapped, and I never once tipped the bag...I still managed to spill blueberry juice all over my running clothes. In mass quantities. Thick, sticky, purple juice. So...without anything running-appropriate to wear, and not feeling like it would be the best idea to lace up my sneakers and run around town in a skirt, this meant no running for me this afternoon. :(

Maybe tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment