It's been a quiet Monday in the office, and so I have taken advantage of the quiet to work through various backward and forward looking tasks that come with the transition into the new year:
- Reading through the annual report of the congregation as our ministry leaders reflect on 2011 and set goals for 2012.
- Gearing up for tomorrow night's budget meeting where we will finish a final draft of the 2012 budget to be voted on this upcoming Sunday.
- Writing newsletter articles about new and upcoming 2012 events.
- Sending off paperwork to the synod to report and reflect upon 2011.
- Revisiting tasks and projects from late December that took a back seat to Christmas and New Year's.
- Finally clearing my brain out of holiday mode and settling back into ordinary time.
And even though I am, by nature, a person of reflection, who is generally comfortable with sitting and thinking and reviewing...today, it has taken that second pot of coffee to keep me going!