6.03.2005

m-i-c-k-e-y m-o-u-s-e

i wish.
so i was sitting at my desk tonight, hanging out, watching some baseball with matt and playing with my computer. all was well. we had just come back from a date night to inner harbor for cheesecake on the pier. we had a lovely time. so we had returned and were all relaxed, when something caught my eye. something MOVING. and there, right before my eyes, was a mouse that ran out from beneath our comfy chair (which is in the exact middle of our living room, mind you) and scurried under matt's desk (which, of course, is right next to mine.)

i didn't scream, but i jumped up and flew into the kitchen. i was so freaked out. still am. the front desk didn't have any mousetraps available, and even though i am sure that this little critter has already found his way back into the wall and is nowhere near our apartment anymore, i still can't quite relax. it's almost 3:30am, and i'm wide awake. my body is sleepy, but there is a lot of me that doesn't really feel like going to bed.

i know that mice can't hurt you. they don't want to hurt you. and yes, i'm sure they are more scared of me than i am of them. but i DON'T like the idea of waking up to a mouse crawling up my leg in the middle of the night. it's happened to my dad, and i really don't want to have it happen to me.

i am sure that i sound irrational. but the fact that there was (is??) a mouse somewhere in this apartment...an apartment on the SEVENTH floor (how the heck did he get up here??) where he has no obvious escape to the outside world...really freaks me out. it's not like we're in a house on ground level or a cabin in the woods, or anywhere really where you'd either expect critters or where you knew that they had an easy way out. i don't want this guy sealed somewhere in our apartment with no way out.

we're getting traps tomorrow, and also some gadget that we plug in that scares mice away. that will help.

but i can't shake the sight of that mouse running right past me tonight...

::shudder::



Mouse_bw

No comments:

Post a Comment