6.21.2007

Brown Paper Packages Tied up with Strings

These are a few of my favorite things (that have arrived in the mail in the past couple days):

1. Big box o' knitting fun. Four skeins of Knitpicks Shimmer in the Happy Dance colorway for my imminent casting-on of Knitty's Clapotis, and 14 skeins of Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in a variety of brown tones for a secret project that will be unveiled at Christmastime.

2. Smaller box o' Lutheran fun. Three Lydia clergy shirts from Augsburg Fortress (which happened to be too big so I just sent them back this afternoon...oh well...), a cincture, and a book of choral anthems for my mom.

3. Smaller bag o' Lutheran fun via an Episcopalian website. An alb. White, boring, necessary.

4. Five little packages o' reading fun. The first five books Matt and I have mooched: Gilead, The Time Traveler's Wife, The Memory Keeper's Daughter, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Moneyball.

I like getting things in the mail that aren't advertisements for cable services or credit card offers. And all of the above packages carry their own elements of whimsy and entertainment. Even the clergy-wear. I move to Rockford this weekend, and somehow it makes me feel more official in my intern-pastor role to own my own garb.

Matt and I just returned from a five day whirlwind visit to New Jersey...I'll post about that soon. But for now, time to pack up half of the kitchen and add a few more boxes to my ever-growing pile of stuff to move!

No comments:

Post a Comment