2.24.2009

When I Worry

When I worry, I worry about

people only pretending to be in love,
car crashes and plane crashes,
the plight of the hungry and dying,
glaciers melting and the sun burning out,
going to the doctor's office and getting stuck with a needle,
what my family and friends and co-workers think of me,
whether the economy can turn around,
whether the earth will continue turning,
being stung by a bee,
forgetting appointments,
partisanship,
the future of the church and the future of faith,
violence in the Middle East,
money, loans, rent, food, insurance,
whether or not we will have children,
family members aging and dying,
being irresponsible or insensitive,

but above all else, when I worry, I worry about
lives lived
without faith,
without love,
without hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment