9.16.2010

Sticky movies

I haven't done any sort of a meme in a while. This one is circulating Facebook, and I thought it seemed fun:

The rules: Don't take too long to think about it. List twenty films you've seen that will always stick with you. List the twenty you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes.

Instead of just presenting you a list of 20 movies in "as-I-thought-of-them" order, I decided to take my 20 and reorganize them into categories. There are plenty of wonderful movies that didn't make it into the list - movies that I love and might consider my favorites in a more objective discussion. But I took to heart the "stickiness" factor that the rules of the meme suggested. There are movies in this list that aren't particularly great, and movies that you've probably never heard of. Some of these movies are my all-time favorite movies, but plenty of them aren't.

But the common thread to all of these movies is that they have somehow stuck with me in a variety of ways. Some of them are strongly connected to points in my childhood or adolescence, some of them made me think in new ways or impressed me with the intelligence of the plot, and some of them I simply enjoy a great deal. I'm linking all of them to their respective IMDB pages, just in case you want to learn more about them!

Movies that are personal favorites:
Movies that made me think:
Movies from childhood:
Movies I can pretty much recite:
Movies I (simply) enjoy:
So what about you? What are your "sticky" movies?  Please share!

2 comments:

  1. I'm hurt. You didn't do my meme. Only excuse is you maybe don't have a tattoo, which would be fine too. Anyway, here it is folks:

    http://www.adamjcopeland.com/2010/09/12/meme-my-faith-my-tattoo/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No tattoo here. :)

    ReplyDelete