9.09.2010

Week One, Day Four - 1.5 Miles

I was tired this morning. Definitely didn't get to bed early enough after a long (but good and productive) day yesterday. And am battling some allergies.

But I dragged myself out of bed at 6:15 anyway, pulled on my running shoes, and headed out. It was chilly this morning - hovering a few degrees under 50 - and I briefly considered skipping out and going right back to my warm bed, but I pushed myself to go anyway.

I think it's time for a new or at least a revised route for me. The there-and-back model of my route gives me too good of an excuse to take a break and walk at the turnaround point. So we'll see if I can play with the gmaps pedometer and find a route that is a loop instead.

That's about it for today. Not a great run, not a terrible run. We'll see how the next couple days go - I might be repeating week one of my 5k training if things don't get markedly better. I really want to master this distance before moving on...it can only help things.

No comments:

Post a Comment