9.06.2010

Week One, Day One - 1.5 Miles

Frustrated, but smiling!
And so it begins.

It's been a long time since last I ran, so I pretty much figured today would be humbling. I threw some Ben Folds into my ipod and headed out. I'm not sure if it was the music, my desire to get this run over with, or my overoptimistic assessment of my current level of fitness, but I bolted down the street at a crazy pace. I knew it was stupid, but I pretended not to care.

This means that when I hit my half-way turnaround point, I was exhausted. I did way more walking on the way back than I had intended to do, which made me feel pretty lame. Note to self: tomorrow, remember that you are a slow runner, and that you'll do much better if you don't kill yourself on the first half.

I got home feeling hot, tired, and frustrated. Ugh. I am quite out of shape. But at least things can only look up from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment