9.15.2006

Jobs and Cats

I have a job! I am now working at the Univeristy of Chicago Lab School with their afterschool program. I spent my afternoon hanging out with a bunch of very cool third graders. Third graders are funny. They are still cute kids and they know it, but they also have figured out how to give adults some serious attitude. I'm sure that they will give me some interesting times throughout the year. But it's a great job. Playing on the playground, hanging out in art class, good times.

So now that I have a job and now that I'm making some money, one question necessarily follows:

Can we get a cat now??

I've been browsing petfinder and have a few favorites:

Missy Greyfriar
Tiger Lily
Sequoia
Drew

Has anyone out there adopted a cat from a shelter before? What's the etiquette on changing a cat's name? Because if we got a cat, we'd want to name it ourselves if we could. Even though girl cat names are hard to come by...we've come up with a bunch of good boy cat names (Grover, Moises, or Thorin, for example), but can't come up with anything good for a girl. We joke about naming her Lindy, which would be a good name if Matt hadn't suggested it as a way to name it after our friend John Lindquist. I like the kid, but naming a cat after him? I dunno. We've talked about trying to make Shea an asexual name, but who knows. We've talked about Francesca, after our favorite restaurant, but Matt wouldn't nickname her Frannie, even though I would. So we could use some other ideas. If anyone has any good girl cat names we haven't thought of, let me know.

Not that we're for sure getting a cat.

But I would very much like one...

No comments:

Post a Comment