4.30.2008

::rant::

I'm trying to finish up a sermon for Sunday (well...trying to start it and then to finish it up), and I'm trying get some paperwork and meetings and dates and plans organized, and it makes me a little moody. So I need a moment to rant.

::rant::
I turn 27 in another month, and I'm tired of spinning my wheels. I want to just be a normal grownup, doing normal grownup things! And it's not fair that everyone around me seems to living out what I want to be living out, only they've managed to do it a few months or a few years before me. I just keep waiting and waiting...
And in an unrelated rant, I'm feeling generally under-important right now. As if I'm not quite worth so much effort. A little taken for granted, perhaps, by people who don't mean to make me feel that way, and by people who probably don't have a clue that I would feel that way. So it makes me feel guilty and attention-seeking for feeling taken for granted in the first place!:
::end rant::


3 comments:

  1. Melissa, I turn 30 this year and I"m tired of spinning my wheels, too. There are so many things I wish were true for my life so as to reflect where I feel like I should be for my age. You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I hear you. This journey seems to have more detours and mud pits, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not taking you for granted. You're a tough fantasy baseball opponent.

    Mostly kidding. Patience, my friend. The future will get here soon enough. You can't do much to hasten its arrival, so find more things to enjoy about the here and now. (Like your pitching staff! Okay, I'm done now.)

    ReplyDelete