9.05.2008

I'm Impressed

I have to say, in the wake of my last post, that I was pleasantly surprised by John McCain's speech at the RNC last night. I was severely frustrated by all of the negativity and elbow-throwing of others at the convention, but McCain took a higher road. I have to say, I'm very pleased that we have two presidential candidates who, thus far, respect one another as people and even politicians, and who appear to be working hard to keep things above the belt, even if some of their supporters, cohorts, campaigns, or staffs aren't.


McCain RNC Speech via YouTube


If you haven't listened to either candidate's speech, you should. They are both well-written, well-presented, evenhanded speeches, and they confirm for me that this could and should be the best election I've seen in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment